Chrissie and Max have taken their love of good food, wine, travel and entertaining and combined it all into a bed and breakfast experience, encompassing all the luxurious touches they feel are needed to enable one to relax and unwind in a home rather than hotel environment.
Piglets, a former piggery, is split into two parts, one new, one old, each with its own unique identity be it family art, quirky objects d’art, interesting colour schemes and with surprises around many of its corners.
Whilst we love kids we wanted to make a special place for grown-ups only to unwind for a few days and enjoy the special facilities we have here such as our honour bar, good food and wine, unique swimming experience in our natural pond, our gym, games room or make use of the fabulous walks which the surrounding farmland offers or use us as a jumping off point to explore the historic market towns and villages; the dreaming spires of Cambridge or the many other attractions that abound in the special corner of Essex which borders, within 5 miles, the counties of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
We also love dogs, that’s why we have two, Harry and Hamish. However, this is their home too and they prefer not to share with other four-legged friends – so we are afraid no dogs or other pets please.
Rules – no one likes them, but we have to have a few……………………
1. Over 18s only
2. No smoking (except in the designated area)
3. No pets please
4. Check in 4pm to 9pm (other times by prior arrangement)
5. Check out is by 11am
6. No non-residents (except by prior arrangement)
7. No receiving or making of mobile telephone calls in public areas, i.e. guest lounge, breakfast room or on the patios so as not to disturb other guests, thank you.
8. When booking, a 50% deposit is required, all extras will be added to your final bill
9. Cancellations are free up to 1 week before arrival after which the 50% deposit will not be refunded.
We want to make every stay a memorable one (for the right reasons) and we look forward to welcoming you to our home.