COVID 19 RISK ASSESSMENT/POLICY
We all have to accept that for the foreseeable future, social distancing is here to stay. Here at Piglets, we are working hard to providing a safe environment for our guests and staff whilst maintaining our high standards of comfort, facilities and food.
The safeguards below are for everyone and we ask that all guests abide by them. They will be continually reviewed as and when necessary.
Guests are asked also to help take responsibility for their own safety and that of fellow guests by bringing and using any protective equipment they want to use such as masks, gloves, etc.
Arrival and access to the B&B:
- Please ring the bell at the gate or telephone us on our mobiles to come and let you in.
- If you prefer, you can call us (rather than use the bell) on either 07730 953 932 (Chrissie) or 07733 10 33 08 (Max) and we will come to the gate and let you in.
- For out of hours arrivals, there is a box with coded access to get your key (credit card style). The card and box will have been sanitised.
- Each room has a designated car parking space.
- There is a gel dispenser by the gate to Reception
Widdington & Hempstead rooms:
- These each have their own private dedicated access so guests can come and go as they please.
- Only these two rooms will have use of the link door (to the left when exiting your room) to the Mediterranean patio, bar, guest lounge and breakfast room.
- Additionally, Hempstead has French windows directly onto the decking by the pool
- All door handles used by more than one room will be sanitised after breakfast service.
- This has its own dedicated access and is completely self-contained with sole access to that room and then to the communal rooms via their own private door.
Sampford and Ashdon rooms:
- These are accessed via the reception/front door and up the stairs to the first floor.
- We will meet you and open the gates and front door.
- Bannisters and bedroom door handles will have been sanitised.
- Ashdon has its own private area of the balcony with a table and chairs, overlooking the swimming pond.
COMMUNAL AREAS (INDOORS)
☺Hand sanitiser is by the door as you come in – we request EVERY guest uses it before entering the breakfast room.
✓Our tables are set at least 2m apart (as per requirements).
✓Chrissie will wear a mask when waiting at tables.
☺We have a 5-star hygiene rating
☺ Please use the hand sanitiser before using the honour bar or guest lounge (a dispenser is situated in the bar and at the top of the stairs by the breakfast room.)
✓There are several seating areas and guests can adhere to social distancing when in here.
Guests in Radwinter: you have your own private access to and from the guest lounge so please ensure you have washed your hands or used sanitiser before coming through your door into this area.
✓ It is not possible to socially distance here so we rely on guests to use their own discretion. Where possible, Max and Chrissie will fetch drinks for guests or deliver them to their rooms but we are operating a B&B, not a 24/7 hotel service so we may not always be available.
✓ Please ensure you use the hand sanitiser before touching the glasses or bottles.
✓ This area is sanitised daily.
COMMUNAL AREAS (OUTSIDE)
✓ We have a number of seating areas, with tables (all moveable) so that guests can socially distance whether they are travelling alone or in a group.
Decking and swimming pond:
✓ The decking is sufficiently wide to allow guests to keep a safe distance.
Hempstead has a table and chairs directly outside their room, on the decking, which are reserved for that room only.
✓ We regret that the gym will stay closed for the time being but we will review this once social distancing is eased.
✓ All bedrooms are cleaned to a high standard with extra attention given to sanitising all ‘touch areas’.
✓ Guests staying more than one night can choose NOT to have their room refreshed if they prefer.
✓ Guests are shown around their room when they arrive but can opt not to if preferred. Most information is in the room bible in the room and Max and Chrissie are easily contactable if a guest has any questions.
✓ All keys are credit card style with electronic access and are sanitised before and after each guest.
✓ Gel dispensers are positioned by the reception gate, in the bar and at the entrance to the breakfast room. These are mandatory for all guests.